Peak performance by choice
As a trained chiropractor who has completed professional development specific to soft-tissue treatment, movement analysis, and sports-related chiropractic care, Sam can provide assistance in the management of sports-related injuries and issues. Working with both professional and recreational athletes, he aims to return you to training and competition as quickly and comprehensively as possible.
When you are seeking help with a sports injury or hinderance to your athletic performance you want to know what has happened and why. Your journey with us will begin with a thorough discussion of your injury or issue, followed by a physical examination. This may include orthopaedic, neurological, postural and chiropractic examinations, as well as a movement assessment. We aim to reach an accurate diagnosis in order to determine an appropriate course of treatment for you.
Once we have determined how to help you, treatment begins. This may include joint manipulation or mobilisation (what chiropractors call an “adjustment”), soft tissue therapies, rehabilitation or other exercise therapies, taping and strapping, and basic nutritional advice. We aim to return you to activity safely and in the shortest time possible.
Why use Thrive for your sports care:
- We regularly attend the latest seminars and workshops specific to working with athletes.
- We use Active Release Techniques (ART) as our soft tissue therapy of choice.
- We use the Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) and Functional Movement Screen (FMS) to assess and correct any movement faults underlying your issue.
- We use the online service Physitrack to help deliver and monitor our client’s progress through any rehabilitation program.
- We will work with other health professionals as necessary to manage your recovery and rehabilitation